RCU Forums - View Single Post - hope 50 mph rc sled
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 07:10 AM
hurricane-fibers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hope 50 mph rc sled

Ok guys here is what I have been up to.

I call this one BIGRED

I have refined the front suspension so that now there is no toe-in or toe-out as the ski's move up and down.
Also they lean when the sled leans in turns, put a small bend in the main arm to keep the spindle straight at all times.
This is my new gear-drive set-up I am using the spur gears from an e-max the main drive gear is 68 and the idler gear is a 58 the pinion is 18,
I only had to make a small cut for it to fit under the light support I wanted to be able to use the factory mounting for the hood and the lights that is why I did it this way.
I have also done a little bit of tweaking for the rear suspention now all the bolts are countersunk and all holes have been beveled, I wanted it to be cosmetically pleasing
so it will show just how much work has been put into it and well besides the end result looks great LOL
Well all I have to do now is hook up all the lights take it for a test run (don't worry I will get some video) and ship it off to Drew.
This is number #2 I have built for him now.
I have made 10 sets of the front suspension I have 1 left if anybody would be interested let me know.
Well I bet you want to see the pics now right ??????
Ok here ya go

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...fibers/bigred/

Let me know what you guys think of the new improvments

Hurricane