RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR 8103DT FM with Glitching/Chattering Problems
Old 11-24-2002, 09:03 PM
3dflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 8103DT FM with Glitching/Chattering Problems

I purchased a new JR 8103DT FM radio on channel 60 about 1 month ago. I have flown with the radio in a 4 channel/5 servo aircraft with no problems. When installing the radio in my new Great Planes UCanDo3D, I am having some serious glitching/chattering issues. The issues are intermittent and I cannot reproduce them on demand. Sometimes the radio appears to work fine and other times the radio goes crazy. This model has 2 servos for the elevator and one for the rudder mounted in the tail end of the fuselage. I am using heavy duty gold JR externsions for the three servos that are 24 inches in length. With the 6 inch servo lead, the extensions are a total of approximately 32 inches each. All the servos are JR 537's and they are all brand new. When the glitching occurs, the throttle servo does not appear to glitch - only the servos in the tail end of fuselage. Could these long extensions cause issues with radio interference? With extensions of this length does anything special need to be done like filters? I have tried the NER-549x receiver that came with the radio and also an R700 with the same glitching/chattering, though the R700 appears to be a bit worse. HELP!