RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Radio Shack Golden Arrow Thread
Old 02-19-2010, 11:38 PM
gulfstreamI

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Official Radio Shack Golden Arrow Thread

I have one of these RadioShack Golden Arrow off-road buggy. This buggy simply was too heavy and bounced around the track to compete against other buggies in it's class... sooo... I had a Hobbyshop tech modify it for me back in the early 90's for a race. The modifications were subtle enough not to be noticed by the others. It was loaded with parts from the Tamiya Grasshopper, Frog and Stadium Blitzer. It has full ball bearings, fully adjustable steering camber (toe in or toe out),. Metal steering arms with fully damped front & rear suspension via oil filled shocks. It has a Grashopper/Hornet transmission with a Kyosho 05 motor. The electronics is OEM stock. The battery wiring for the four (4) AA's needed to power the receiver, steering & ESC was bypassed . All I use is a 7.2 volt battery to run this buggy. The steering is more responsive & I get to save some weight so this car is much quicker off the mark. It handles quite well too for a 1980's entry level buggy. It also easily kept pace with the much lighter Hornet and outran the other Grasshoppers that I was racing with back then.
I'll post pics of this buggy later . I still have to dig it out of storage along with another similar buggy called the Nikko F-10 RHINO frame Buggy, also modified.