RCU Forums - View Single Post - 87" C130 Palmer Plans
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 06:21 AM
cjmckay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 87

Chris,
Great to hear from you. I won't tell you what the wood is yet as once you've got the plans we can go from there. You'll need to make a couple of early decisions to get you started. The first 'biggy' is what are you going to do for retracts. For the MAINS - There are three choices here (generically anyway) as follows:
1. Sullivan Style (as per the pictures above) - once you've got the plans, i'll elaborate (although I perosnally thing the sullivan retracts above are *heavily modified* - more on that later!)
2. Robart Retracts (I'll have to dig out the model numbers and the correspondence with Dan himself when I originally purchased my retracts (hmmm... 5 yrs ago... that email will be here somewhere!)
3. Air retracts (of the Century Jet ilk) (more too on that later...)

For the NOSE - (I'll have to get back to you.. need to go and see if there was a Sullivan option in the *first* original design).

I'd also look at getting all my wheels now (I had trouble getting the relevant Sullivans at the time).

Why do I recommend you make these decisions now? So there is nothing slowing you down when you come to build the fuselage. (I lost 4 months on build time and had to do countless rework as a result of these simply matters above).

Good luck.

Cameron