RCU Forums - View Single Post - NitroPlanes Ultimate 50cc and DLA56 - Full Build Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
edwal07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NitroPlanes Ultimate 50cc and DLA56 - Full Build Post

Good job George,
Looking mighty good. I still haven't been able to get the time to start my ultimate. I am finishing up a Crashstoration of my Pitts 30% that I made parts out of last July. My wife bought it for me at Perry Ga. last year and the agreement was I had to finish restoring the Pitts before any other project. I need to finish sanding the wings and then everything will be ready to recover. I have been itching to get the Ultimate out of the box and start the build.
Keep me updated on your progress. I too am impressed with the linkages. I have a set of hardware from the AeroWorks 20-300 just in case I get the urge to update, but want to stay with the assembly as shipped for the build review. Of course updates and mods will be noted where needed.
I also beef up the firewall on all my models. Doweling and pinning as needed with aluminum angle and bolts if needed. With a powerhouse up front you need all you can get, or have peace of mind that it won't unwind while flying.
Ed