RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba S9254 Binding?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Campgems

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba S9254 Binding?

I'm getting a Twist 150 ready to fly, got it from an club member and it has never flown. The rudder servo he had in it was a Futaba S9254 digital "for gyro use". Checking the spes, this servo is not powerful enough for that twist, it is only 47 inoz of torque.

When i turned on the RX to set up servos, there was a loud digital whine. As I moved sticks, I saw that the rudder servo movement caused the VoltWatch to lite up the red as well as the fully charged lites. I pulled the linkage off the servo arm and it still operates likethat. With power off, the arm is very easy to move with only a minor amount of gear feel.

I'm not familiar with this servo, so a couple questions pop up. Is the extreme current draw normal for this servo. It is in the MS range, so it is showing both lites o the VoltWatch. Is the very low drag on the gears normal. Last, is it possible thata gear close to the motor is nipping causing the high current draw?

I'm going to replace the servo one with more power, so it's use in this plane is a moot point. I'm just wondering if it is in need of repair or not

Don