RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to the 1/5 scale RC world
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 02:06 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: New to the 1/5 scale RC world

ORIGINAL: deviltrigger529

Hey guys, I'm the one selling the FHMT to goneracing_83 and heres the deal. I bought the large alloy motor mount from powerslideracing.com and installed it but once I did and set the gear mesh i went to put the bulkhead brace on it wouldnt ''fit'' where its supposed to. You know how theres little notches on the motor mount and the rear bulkhead to keep in from sliding either forward or backward. In order for it to fit where it was supposed to I would have to move the motor waaaay forward and it would cause the layshaft and diff gear to not even touch at all. I tried dripping out the holes on the brace but it was never enough to help. Just thought I'd let you guys know from the person with the truck so you can shoot out some ideas.

Devil- any pics at all looking from the top down with the brace off and one with the brace on?

I know when I put the alloy mount on mine the problem i had was that the mount was taller where the brace screwed in. I just put it in place anyway. This is a bit different than the problem I was having.