RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where did all the real bulders go?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 10:14 AM
G-Pete

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Where did all the real bulders go?

ORIGINAL: NCIS
I would like to chime in about small businesses. I own three and each one is struggling. Even though I grossed over a quarter million dollars last year my overhead ate up everything but a measly $20,000.00 for my wife and two children to live on. I also have my mother in law living with us. If you do the math thats plain poverty. My wife and I work 7 days a week in my apartment business and she works outside the business. The other two companies I work when I have time. The economy is so bad that I can't raise rents because everyone is broke except the fat cats. It's funny how I can't raise my rents but everything else keeps going up in price to try and drive the small businessman out of business. I have to use a state funded health insurance policy for the poor. Tell me thats not embarassing. $250,000.00 down to $20,000.00. Then theres taxes. I wont go into that because they seem to want to tax everything here in Wisconsin including your personal property like stoves and refriderators. Maybe I should sell if I could and buy an ARF factory in China.
Barry
Well Barry, you can't buy a business in China everything belongs to the people and you are not a Chinese.

May you should just get a job and stop whining.

Low income (referred to business owner) is not only depend on the state of the economy. It depends also who steer that ship, against the stream you use more fuel. Lazy attitude of workers cost you money. Planning ahead is required, saving money in good times - for times like that.

Anyhow i just made some of the angels (just a little larger, I used what was laying around) which you try sell, for 6$ each. To cut them I used a cold saw, 4 parts - 1 minute. I milled them in a knee mill like yours, 4 parts - 1 minute. I took a deburr tool to it and cleaned them up. All together I spent 5 minutes including taking the pictures and drilling the small holes. The Price per foot on that material is $3. That means it is $0.50 per part.

According to your price I would made $22 in 5 minutes. $264 in an hour. That's only 48 parts.

Now, are you still talking about state funded health care for the poor........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48073.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1399402