RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM T-28
Thread: ESM T-28
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 12:45 AM
builttocrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM T-28

ORIGINAL: BobH

Retracts are pretty expensive if they are good. Take a look at BVM retracts for his scale jets.. they will set you back about 1k. Are they worth it? I guess that depends on what one considers value.

Darrells work is as good as there is in this industry. I have his retracts in some of my other planes and wouldn't heisitate to recommend them to any one.

I know it seems odd that the retracts cost as much as the kit.. but often so does the engine. Retracts are as difficult and sometimes even more so to make than engines.. We just appreciate the engines more
I can understand what you are saying. I was looking at a radial engine for this plane and saw a $800+ price tag on it.Sheesh. But it is a beauty.

I'm really debating on making this thing gas or electric. Not glow. WhenI told my wife the $400 plus price tag on the retracts themselves, Ithought she was going to slap me! What can I sell, that won't get me arrested?LOL. Hmmmmm

BobH, since you have a set of his retracts for your other planes, could you email me some pics? I'll also head over to his website too. Sierra.com?