RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4Ghz Range Sucks
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Dr. Fosgate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4Ghz Range Sucks

I just bought a KO Propo EX-5 UR. What is the range on it? I bought it assuming it was better than my 15 year old AM Airtronics XL2P. Well, I think I was wrong.

I put one receiver in my truck and it gets about 60ft of range prior to glitching and stalling out.

I put the other receiver in my nitro boat. I set the boat in the driveway and checked the range without the nitro engine running. I get about 80ft with it.

I sure hope I did not make a mistake buying this radio. Is it only for R/C track racing, where these ranges would be acceptable?

What kind of quality is KO Propo? I am halfway interested in taking the transmitter apart, thinking the antenna was not connected to the board at the factory or something.

What other radio would you guys suggest? All I do is play with my truck in the yard, and I need about 200ft or so of range. My AM XL2P served my needs just fine (range to the limits of eye sight), but I wanted something which would let me store several models in memory (I have about 5 models).