RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4Ghz Range Sucks
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Dr. Fosgate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4Ghz Range Sucks

Thanks guys for the responses!

The radio is brand new (or so I assume). I got it from www.myatomic.com

I took it out of the box, loaded it up with 8 rechargeable NiMH batteries (fully charged), plugged one of the receivers into my Novak Spy ESC on 4 cells and an old non digital servo. Turned it all on following the manual and the receiver paired with the transmitter with zero issues. This was all on my work bench, not in a vehicle. I then took out my old truck and installed the receiver in it. It has the old non digital servo in it, and a Tekin 411-G2 ESC with BEC (6V), on a new 5000 NiMH battery pack.

I took the second receiver and put it in my boat. The boat has a 4 cell receiver pack, and two traxxas digital waterproof servos in it. Turned it on and it paired with the transmitter no problem. I then adjusted all the settings for the boat and saved them in one of the memories.

I went back to the truck today and adjusted all its settings, along with adjusting the ESC (so old it does not have one button setup). I took it outside and that is when I discovered I can only go about halfway down my driveway before it starts stuttering or quitting altogether. That is when I went and got out the boat to see if maybe my issue was with the receiver. I got only slightly more range out of the boat, but not enough to write home about.