View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 07:26 PM
bhouin
My Feedback: (106)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aurora 9 question

ORIGINAL: Howard

ORIGINAL: bhouin

Howard, I agree that the A9 could use a software update to improve the functionality of the Flap Cont system. Specifically, I would like to see improvements regarding elevator compensation when coupled with servo speed. I have tried a number of ways and have been unable to come up with a method to have the speed of the flaps be reflected in the speed of the elevators during compensation. It also sounds like for those that would like to use the sliders to control flaps (I prefer to use a 3 position switch) could use an update to the Flap Cont system.
Thank you for reminding me I should also have mentioned that I cannot get the elevator servo speed to change using the flap control page even though the flap speed can be slowed. What happens is that you can begin to lower the flaps at a reduced speed and the elevator offset deflection moves its full programmed amount instantly. If someone knows how then please let me know. If I am wrong and someone shows me how then that is great but, honestly I have spent hours trying to resolve the flap control screen issues and I am reasonably confident they do not work as they should nor are they as flexible as other radios. I hate to say this but the JR 9303 flap control screen is much more flexible and usable than the existing A9. All of the stuff is there the programming needs work and a revision. It is a great radio, sets new standards and there is room to make a great radio better. By the way I placed my A9 on order in March of 2009 and was one of the first to receive it from Tower. I plan to buy a backup after the flap system gets fixed.

Howard
This is the one weakness that I have found so far when comparing my A9 to my JR 9303. I sure hope that they provide a way to do this in a future firmware update. You might consider posting on software update request thread on the other site in the hitec forum to request this change.