RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)
Old 04-03-2010, 10:15 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)

Hey guys, long time no talk. No time to read and reply at the moment but wanted to show you some AP of my red "SO" dual boomer being followed by my friend with his video/goggle plane setup!

We did a little follow the leader with two of our planes last night. It was kind'a touch and go because of the low light conditions (darker by eye than the camera shows) and the bad glitching we were getting here and there. We kept the planes as low as we dared with just enough height to hopefully recover from any glitch out, though a few (shown on the video) were pretty close. Due to the dark conditions after sun down a few times I had trouble seperating my lead plane (So, which is of course the red dual boom pusher) from the trees in the background which made for a few nervous moments as well. My plane is a bit heavy with high wing loading and a nose heavy COG, making riding at the edge of a stall a real "fun" experience, and Alex's camera plane was also fighting things like a tip stall as well. The best chase and near miss scenes were before we started recording. Stay tuned because we plan another video today in better light and at even lower/slower flight paths.

http://vimeo.com/10646596