RCU Forums - View Single Post - Throttle servo with AR7000
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Pale_aileron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Throttle servo with AR7000

ORIGINAL: Zeeb
Well for what it's worth guys; my experience and what I've seen posted from guys over on FG where lots of the giant scale guys hang out so lots of 'em are running 9 channel setups, is that this problem only shows up on the 9 channel and above rx's running with 9 channel and above tx's which run in 2048 resolution vs the 1024 resolution that most of the 7 channel rx's use.

I've seen this on my Edge which has an R-921 rx, using both an X9303 and my 12X tx's. I do keep a couple of glow models around running AR-7000 or AR-6200 rx's and have not seen this issue with those and they all have analog servos installed at all positions. The only time you see servos move on those at rx powerup is if a post setup re-bind has not been done to establish servo position while the rx is waiting to link with the tx. I do not know if this issue would show up with the couple of 2048 resolution capable 7 channel rx's as I don't have any of those.
[/quote]

I'm actually using 2 AR-7000's in a split configuration on an 88" EXtreme Flight Extra 300 for redundancy. Is there any way to find out what the resolution of the AR-7000 I'm running has? Are some of them now coming out at 2048? Does the higher resolution mean you have more precision running the servo?

As for others not having the servo pulse... it may just be with the JR 537 servos that can't handle the 2.4 ghz.