RCU Forums - View Single Post - FM vs. PCM
Thread: FM vs. PCM
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 09:02 PM
Marc_Haase
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM vs. FM

Well needless to say there are several opinions that go both ways. I believe the theory that the fail-safe option will help reduce chance of horrible accident versus saving the plane. At that point in time the plane becomes secondary and other people and their property scoot to the top of the list. I actually witnessed an unfortunate incident where a man died from an rc plane, had the pylon racer had a fail-safe option, that man would be alive today. The racer pulled out of a race, lost signal and it came straight down at FULL speed and impacted with the man. Not a pretty sight.

Well I think I will shell out the couple extra bucks, get the PCM Tx and Rx and feel better about it. Seems as long as I range test it properly I should be no worse for the wear.

Thanks all for your opinions.....what a great forum for us Rc'ers.

Happy flying.....

p.s. I found a Futaba 8uhfs (NIB) which is a PCM TX, all I gotta do is get the PCM Rx to go with it and I am ready to go. Only drawback is that the TX is setup for Helis, but I dont think that will matter much. 8th channel is wheel, which should be perfect for flaps. And for $299 NIB with all servos etc, cant go wrong..

Any thoughts on this model TX? Should I go ahead and get the 9CAP?

Thanks again,.