RCU Forums - View Single Post - how many channels??? Please help!
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: how many channels??? Please help!

ORIGINAL: FlyingRod

2) I want to invest in a nice radio control that will allow me in the future to get to fly a T-rex 600 and turbine-jets (such as the RC kangaroo Jet or more advanced ones). My budget limit is ~$500

Is that limit for the radio only or for the whole aircraft combo?

If it is for the radio only, Bump it up to about $600 and start looking at the 9 channel radios; Here is an example of one:
[link]http://search.horizonhobby.com/index.jsp?N=0&Ntt=9503&sid=127F8712C429[/link]

The most efficient way to get to a certain point on this hobby, is to start as close as possible to that point. If you wanted a Trex 600, why did you buy an MSR? If you spend the money twice, then it becomes in-efficient. You could have started with the 600, and the help of a local pilot and be flying in no time, the heli that you wanted.

Regarding the world of turbines, then it becomes a little different. If you are in the USA, and intend to fly under the AMA unbrella there are a few steps you need to take.....I can't recall the specific teps, but first you need to learn to fly plank... Ahem, Planes first, then you need to find a CD with turbine waiver and fly in front of him a set of maneuvers. Then you get a turbine waiver. I might be missing some steps.....

Then untimately, as noted above, if your entire budget is $500 for the aircraft combo (radio and aircraft) then you might have to forget about helis, and definitely forget about turbines. Sorry if we are being too blunt.

Rafael