RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do I change Tx crystal?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 04:10 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How do I change Tx crystal?

ORIGINAL: Alex7403 Here is the thing I got a transmitter futaba 7CAP PCM on channel 16 and I have several receivers 72 MHz non PCM on channel 47, that transmitter on ch 47 needs a new battery and I kind of reached the end of its capabilities.
Somebody told me that I can fly the non pcm receivers with the pcm Tx in PPM mode. So I thought maybe to change the crystal on the Tx. Can it be done? What do I need to do to replace the Tx crystal from ch 16 to ch 47? Can I do it myself or I have to send it to futaba? Thanks Alex
Crystal - Swapping Transmitter Crystals (USA)
<dt>Crystals - Swapping brands in RC Transmitters and Receivers. </dt><dt>
Only a few Futaba receivers are high/low band Futaba - 72Mhz Hi & Lo Band Difference & Markings
and R127DP in particular requires retuning if moved more than say 2 ch either side of original.
Futaba - R127DF - an old Hi/Low Band RX prone to vibration and jitters </dt><dt>Futaba -R127DF..Channel cannot be changed by simply swaping crystal, must be retuned each time.

All other RX are center tuned and and any same brand as RX crystal within same band can be safely used.
[ range test to beperformed as usual before flying each day
electronics do drift out of tune with age and the older the unit, the more care should be taken witrh range tests.]
refer sub section "
Range Test - Check and Range Problem Solving" at

Sub section "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
may well provide answers for other related questions.

Regards
Alan T.

</dt>