RCU Forums - View Single Post - The SPUTNIK, a F3A in EPP!
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 12:06 PM
wildpalms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The SPUTNIK, a F3A in EPP!

I like your undercarriage Loic.

I have been flying mine a couple of weekends and am really pleased with it. The stock undercarriage is a problem as it is very short and stiff and although my landings have all been very good the backwards force landing on grass tears the foam as it tries to rip the gear off.

The CG given in the instructions is a little rearward for me, probably good for freestyle but a little rearward for pattern. Almost neutral elevator when inverted and a slight climb on a 45° inverted upline. Pitchs to the belly in KE which I think is also a sign of an aft CG.

Very little rudder required for KE and the coupling easily flown out so much so that you can do big vertical 8's etc in KE with ease.

It tracks very true and flies quite quickly. It certainly feels like a bigger model when you are pattern flying with it, handles the wind well but does get blown around a lot more than a bigger heavier model.

I have the Hacker A30-16M on 4S with a 40A ESC using an APC E 11x5.5 propeller and power is insane. Using the same Hyperion G3 VX 35C discharge 5C charge 2200 4S packs as Loic. Charging at 3C and they come off charger in just under 20 minutes.

As a plane for practicing F3A on occasions where a bigger plane is just impractical this thing is perfect. I fly an Angel 50 at Advanced level and find it is often impractical to fly it especially as it is my Sunday best pride and joy. Now I can get some serious stick time in.

I often judge a plane on whether I would buy another and the answer is yes for the Sputnik.