RCU Forums - View Single Post - 12X bulletin. Must read for 12X owners.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:19 PM
2Sunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12X bulletin. Must read for 12X owners.

I don't know about you guys, but I rarely get around to other forums so if something important came up I wouldn't catch it. That's why even though this topic is not truly pattern related except for the fact that I know a bunch of us use the JR 12X, I felt it would be worthwhile posting a note in this forum as well.

Today after one of my flights I carried my plane and transmitter back to the table where I placed the plane down behind the restraining stands and set my transmitter down. The moment I set my transmitter down it shut off. The plane sensing a lost signal turned the motor on to flight idle. Needless to say I almost had a heart attack. Fortunately I simply removed the canopy and unplugged the battery. The scary part is what if the transmitter had shut off while I was in the air?!? After pulling the airplanes battery plug I immediately picked up the transmitter and tried the on/off switch several times. Nothing happened. The transmitter remained dead. I flipped it over, opened the battery cover and pushed on the battery slightly. It moved a millimeter or two and the transmitter turned back on [X(]

Just now I did a search and found this bulletin on Horizon Hobby:

JR 12X Battery Installation Bulletin

It has come to our attention that some users have experienced the 12X battery pack becoming loose after charging or setting the transmitter down jarring the battery. To add additional security, apply 2 thin foam adhesive strips inside the battery compartment as shown in the photos. Small strips of double sided foam tape can also be used without removing the backing facing the battery pack so that the battery can still be removed if desired. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The foam pads are in the back of my transmitter already!

Joe