RCU Forums - View Single Post - Peak Model 50 CC Edge 540 T build
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Eganwp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Peak Model 50 CC Edge 540 T build

If you were to measure from the front of the cowl (Ie. where the spinner would align with), there is a gap of 17mm between that and the backplate of the spinner. After having it finished, I added a 4" aluminum spinner the other day as I needed the nose weight, the gap doesn't look too bad actually. Looks fine. In order to mount the engine back further (I was aware of the issue right when I opened the plane and measured), I'd have to cut a larger hole in the firewall for the carb, find some smaller standoffs (which I couldn't at the time), cut out a 1/2" notch in the corner of the firewall/motor box so the muffler would fit, readjust my throttle lengths/setup, etc. For the pain, it's fine as is IMO. I needed the weight out front anyhow as the DLE-55 is pretty light.

Well, I now have 7 flights on her and i completely redid the needles as I couldn't get the tune proper. She's running amazing now. Just over a gallon through it now. Did another flight today and had a blast. I toned down the elevator throws as 1 click of trim was WAY too much and with the new spinner/1100 a123 IGN pack swapped in and the Zeus gone, it's now not so tail heavy. It's actually perfect. Tested 4 45* inverted uplines and it will go straight forever with just the slightest amount of bend toward the canopy indicating just a hair tail heavy now. So it's much better and I prefer just a tad tail heavy for aerobatics.

Next weekend is IMAC boot camp!!!! I gotta mess with my throws some more, but can't wait for it!