RCU Forums - View Single Post - Buddy Box for Hitec Aurora 9 - Conflicting info?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buddy Box for Hitec Aurora 9 - Conflicting info?

ORIGINAL: GizmoMadMax Hi Alan (&/or anyone who knows this buddy box & spectra module module stuff - 100% new to me) Excellent help and tech support, thank you So, yes, I am looking at a used Optic 6 with a Spectra module, and I think it is the FM synthesized module for all frequencies to select any channel like I did on my JR XP7202. Could I beg you for a few more tech questions A) Question: sounds like you would choose the Optic 6 FM as a buddy box also, I assume this is probably the best or latest level Tx to use as a buddy box? B) Then next question, this used Optic 6 with a Spectra module has a half yellow logo on it, whereas the Hitec site shows a spectra module with a half blue logo?? So I assume the yellow one is an older generation of the FM synthesized spectra module, a confusing to me http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/tra...hz-module.htmlC) For my son, can I eventually convert a used Optic 6 from the FM module to the Spectra 2.4GHz Transmitter Module? I assume use the Optic as a cheap 2nd box for my pre-teen son?
http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/tra...hz-module.html D) I read the threads above, but specifically, I could not nail down this jack question: Is the Optic 6 trainer port a DIN or a stereo jack like my A9? Once again, Thanks a million!
A) As mentioned, Iprefer to use an Optic 6FM as aSlave TX. Thisbecause it is not only light and more comfortable to hold for young people, it also incorporates an Ailevatorfunction (found on few later Eclipse and not on the others). Optic Sport has a smaller screen, cannot change frequencies & channel 6 is fixed.
B) The Spectra modules are the same, label colours change with packaging, earlier units were red on black., yellow on black and now blue is the latest.
C) Yes, I swap my Optic 6 between original 40 MHz, to 72 Mhz., 35 Mhz, 36 Mhz &2.4GHz as and when required.
D) Optic 6 has a DIN socket whereas the Optic Sport has same stereo jack socket as the Aurora. This is why the three section Hitec Trainer cable is required.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links