RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 upgrade question
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 upgrade question

I just came from the local hobby shop where I was discussing my options for converting my 9C to 2.4. I was told there is FASST, Spectrum, and now Hitec. Is the Hitec module actually compatible with the 9C? I'm having a hard time finding definitive answers one way or the other, though biged's reply above (post 4) seems pretty certain of it.

If it isn't I suppose I'll go with the FASST setup, though I'm not sure which one yet. I don't want to lose too much functionality of the 9C and limit myself with the TM-7, but if I'm being honest with myself I've never even needed 7 channels let alone 8, so I might as well go with it and save the 100 bucks by getting that instead of the TM-8.

On top of that, if I were to get the TM-8, is it compatible with all FASST receivers or will I need the exact 8 channel receiver? At 50 bucks a pop over the 7 channel (and 80 more than the 6 channel ones), it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have to throw those in all of my 4 channel airplanes. It seems like even if I do get the TM-8, as long as I can use the 6 channel receivers they would cover just about all of my planes for much cheaper.

Anyway at this point I'm just trying to educate myself on what the options are and what is compatible with what. I've been fighting this conversion for long enough, and it's time to embrace the technology and ditch the frequency pins.