RCU Forums - View Single Post - very quick way to cut and shave down props all the same size
Old 07-18-2003, 10:03 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very quick way to cut and shave down props all the same size

I am sure they have these out already but I found this to be very easy and cheap to do. No more hassle of shaving down then running engine to see if it kicks up on pipe over and over again.

What I did was got me a prop that was already cut and shaved down to size I needed. I had to do this the long way but only once. Then from there I found me an empty 409 cleaner bottle and cut out the flat side. I put the prop on it and traced out the shape and cut out the plastic with some scissors.

I made it the exact same as one blade on the prop. Then I made a small hole for shaft to fit through. I used my razor knife for this since it is about the same size and the crank.

Then I put my plastic template over prop and traced out the shape. Then from there I cut down and shaved until it was exact same as the template. Then I rotated the template to other blade and did the same there. After that I just balanced prop and now have the exact size I need without the pain of testing it over and over again.

I am sure they make these but this was cheap and easy, no ordering and waiting. I know this one works for my prop engine set up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	94878_12258.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	54471