RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dumb Radio Question
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dumb Radio Question

ORIGINAL: andernamen

Okay, understand all that. But is there any reason to set your ATV for absolute maximum travel, and then limit your high rate and low rate by a percentage of the ATV? For example, I fly warbirds, if I set my elevator for maximum throws, flying this way could be problematic or disastrous. I guess either way you do it is fine, just as long as you get the throws needed for your low and high rate settings.
I read your question about 3 times, and I read the responses a couple more times and I am not sure if the responses below your question actually answered your question. let me know if this helps.

As expressed by others, you should set your ATV to the maximum number that you want (typically 100% or a little more) then set-up your flying surfaces to the ABSOLUTE maximum for safe flight or as recommended by the manufacturer. That should be your high rates. I absolutely see no reason to make the high rates anything lower than 100% if you do, then you are limiting even further your total travel. That plays with servo torque and resolution as expressed before. Then you set the low rates to the desired number.

I hope that is a bit clearer.

Rafael