RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else think they should bring back retro-radios?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Anyone else think they should bring back retro-radios?

If you fly like a full-size aircraft pilot, you'd wind up re-trimming the elevator for different flight conditions. I always liked to be able to shift the elevator trim when I got ready to land...throttle to a certain point, slow the model with the stick and then trim the elevator so that I had the "perfect" glide speed. I then only needed to pay attention to the ailerons to keep the wings level, and use the throttle to moderate the descent rate. You can do this with analog or ditital trims...with the digital trims, you just learn the number of beeps to move the trim to the desired position. You then move it back to center after the flight.

Remember, all trims need to be centered before flight. That means that when you find the desired trim positions for the controls in your normal flight configuration, you adjust the linkages so that the control surface has the proper trim when the trim is centered. Flying with offset trim can be a problem...too much trim offset will restrict control movements, so you adjust the linkages to get the transmitter's trim centered.