RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official VINTAGE Traxxas Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Blkft1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official VINTAGE Traxxas Thread

Traxxas used to be on the border of Garland and Dallas Tx [Beltline/N.W.Highway] 10min from my house which was [and still is] in Mesquite,I've always thought thier name was homage to Track[x]/Texas=Traxxas.I used to drive by them everyday going to work before they moved to Carrollton Tx,not sure if they're still there or somewhere else today.If I'm right Cameron Kellogg was one of thier Team drivers that worked at Mikes when it was just a small shop on Beltline near old downtown Carrollton,many,,,many moons ago.He showed me how to dial in my first esc [Traxxas XL1!] I ever owned,made it look too easy[8D]. I had the same spur problem when I had my Sledge and if I remember right I replaced it with either a re-enforced fibre unit from RPM or a steel spur from Stormer Racing,solved the issue.It was my 2nd truck after a Blackfoot[s],I also had a Radicator [same chassis as the Sledge] I received in a trade,this was back in my senior yr in highschool[91'[].Remember the old SledgeHammer ads in CarAction with it sittin' on a pile of black and blue [painted] BBQ bisquettes',always made me want to light up a pile of that stuff and jump my truck thru it! when your young your invincible,,,,LOL!

Funny thing,I applied at them for production line work at te original location right after highschool,never called me.