RCU Forums - View Single Post - Powering aircraft carrier
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 12:47 PM
gulfstreamI

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Powering aircraft carrier

ORIGINAL: Starfox9

Sorry to be a downer but I do not see this project coming to fruition.

From what I have gathered in your posts you are in way over your head.

Fully functional catapult system and sub dock...yeah right...good luck!

I will offer you a piece of advice though, as a grad holding a BMET degree and a background in fluid mechanics/dynamics as well as several years of Solidworks, you should set your standards lower and forget about accurately designing a hull in Solidworks. Also, your dinky little pistons will absolutely not be able to work for a catapult system as they cannot flow enough CFM to properly propel a plane at enough speed to be able to take off from the deck.

You will meet a lot of old timers in this hobby, nothing wrong with that because they know a lot more than I do, however the down side is they are almost always very optimistic and as for me I am a realist and I am sorry but I just don't see this happening.

And to the guy who posted earlier about a 31' battleship that holds 15 planes with bb's and torpedo's and a 90hp motor...haha yeah right! Probably just some 13 year old kid with his head in the clouds...

Anyways, read the advice I gave you carefully and then decide where you want to go from there.

LOL.. . To see is the believe. Not one pic after two years from that single post.