RCU Forums - View Single Post - Monster Beetle Gears Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Flawed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster Beetle Gears Upgrade

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

look'n good mate!

what shocks are those? i have some from yeah racing (80mm) and with both sets of springs they come with (blue and red) they seem to stiff.
i'm using tamiya 200 soft oil. i think i may try drilling out the pistons.

how's your suspension? is it soft or hard?

i'm dying to get my mb/blkfoot to have a more "plush" suspension.

alloy knuckles? now thats exciting. i'm also eager to hear how much you like those rear arms.
Hey Kaiser,

These shocks are Ansmann 201000038's - 85mm Mediums. (I think on the Ansmann's I'm right in saying that the black springs= medium, yellow = soft &red = hard).I have slightly harder springs on the back though because I wanted more give at the front. So I used a pair of springs off my old blue shocks on the back. To be honest I haven't had a chance to run it yet, not properly anyway, so I can't say yet how the suspension will work out.

The Rear Arms are due to be made round about the end of the month soas soon as I get them I'lldefinitelylet you know how they go. When I contacted the guy to suggest making the spindles too, he came back to me and said they were already onto it! So fingers crossed, by the end of the month they'll also be available. As soon as I hear anything I'll give you a shout, coz I reckon they'll sell likehot cakes!!

You were right about the Hi-tec HS645MG and the Tamiya BZ, it's seriously fast now, which is why I want the Spindles as soon as possible because as it stands I reckon thats the biggest weak point on my MB at the moment. With this amount of power it won't take much for them to break, again!!