RCU Forums - View Single Post - 50cc Yak 54 -- Help me out guys!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 12:27 PM
voyager_663rd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 50cc Yak 54 Help me out guys!!!

ORIGINAL: 3D Romeo

I just got done weighing everything that comes with the new version Yak...everything was weighed exactly as it comes out of the box (all the parts were still in there plastic bags, the cowl was still wrapped in foam, etc.)

Rudder - 4 oz
Elevators - 5 oz each
Wings - 27 oz each
Cowl - 11.5 oz
Canopy - 8.5 oz
Wheels & Spats - 5 oz
Hardware & Fuel Tank - 16 oz
Wing Tube - 9 oz
Stab Tube - 1.5 oz
Landing Gear - 12 oz
Fuselage - 67 oz

Total - 198.5 oz (12.4 pounds)

Now add...

56-64 oz for an engine, muffler, and ignition.
8-16 oz for batteries
16-24 oz for fuel
8 oz for servos

...and you're looking at a Yak that will weigh 18-20 pounds!!!

Don't get me wrong, it'll probably still fly very well at that weight. As I know Lanier Yaks come out to slightly over 20 pounds AUW. But you can probably forget that 'foamy' feeling...which is what I was looking for!

Mark
Oldish thread but I couldn't pass up the price. I just got this (it should be the new version as the dealer just got it indoes not normally stock them) and weighed it straight out of the box:

This is their pic (not mine):

in grams
Rudder 125
Elev 262
Wing L 715
Wing R 775
Cowl 360
Canopy 254
Wheels, spats,
HW & Tank 591
Wing/Stab Tubes 324
2 Piece Gear 356
Fuse 1692

5454 gms
12 lb

So they lost about 1/2 lb. compared to yours. There is NO tunnel in this one and from a quick look see, none of the issues you described (no glue, etc) are present. I would hazard a guess they went back to version 1 of this plane. They use those purple posts instead of wire horns for control surfaces and include h.d. arms for rudder. Also, the inside-the-fuse wing tube is the standard (hard) phenolic? tube that is supposed to be there, not your "paper with Elmers" tube.

Adding in a da50 + muff adds about 3.8lb (what's the ign weigh?) so 15.8 lb. Fuel at 1lb and batts at 1/2 lb and servos at 1/2 lb gives us AUW of about 17.8 lb. Their web sites shows AUW at 17.6 lb (they include fuel?? who knows).

I've got a Kangke 27% extra all up weight at 17 lb (no fuel) which flies like a dream.

I expect this to be in the same category.