RCU Forums - View Single Post - painting sig koverall
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 08:55 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: painting sig koverall

cute cute..but my son did get a couple buyers and as soon as he pulls his scared hi blast radio out its off the property..not a great day for flying so I am going to hibernate in my workshop and finish covering.I'll let it sit at least a week and decide what color scheme to use.I'll stop in at NAPA and get the hi fill.Iwant some of the weave to be visible .I was going to shoot a basecoat of white but maybe go with another color first.some say by making the basecoat white then painting a color over it makes the color pop.actually the biggest problem with me painting is avoiding the darn bleeding under the tape..often its because I get inpatient and dont take my time and spray lite coats first letting the paint or dope seal the edges ..I also have a time trying to make round shapes and with this scheme I need to accurately make round shapes ..I am going to try a new tape "frog tape".low tack and really seems to prevent bleeding..

when you sprayed the min wax poly you used a laquer and not the water based stuff??I am trying to avoid long waiting for the stuff to gas out and figured water based and a heat gun will save time.??