RCU Forums - View Single Post - need help with aussie II / Ocean 500
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 05:01 PM
60buick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with aussie II / Ocean 500

I need some help with my first sail boat. It is an MRP Aussie II (remake of the Kyosho Ocean 500). With any tail wind the boat spins overpowering the rudder and lays on its side then rights itself facing the wind. My RC rudder was damaged in the kit and only has the static display rudder was useable but the difference is size is not much. I can scratch one from brass which should put more weight down low. Is this a good idea? The wind is not very strong at all but the boat is pretty small and the winged keel is not very heavy or deep. Does it need to be reworked or replaced all together? I wonder if this is more of a bath toy than something to put in a lake with variable winds and gust. I know nothing about sail boats but what little I could find on the internet about this boat (after I bought it) says the sails are pretty poor and need to be redone and different from stock. I can't find how to do this only that it needs to be done to make the boat sail properly or at all. Can anyone offer some help that has some experiance with this vessel. I can't afford another boat so I need to try to make this one a good one. I can also modify it in any manner needed I am experianced with RC just not sailboats.