RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCU Behind the Scenes
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Flyin Beagle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RCU Behind the Scenes

All this talk about battling hackers, viruses and such on RCU got me thinking. There are hundreds if not thousands of people a day on this website discusing our various hobbies all for our own entertainmant. I for one, and suspect many of you, consider this site as an extension of your various clubs, fields, tracks etc. It is some place you go for fun, as that is why we participate in our respective hobbies. It occured to me today that this website is a business where people work everyday. Someone has to develop and maintain the site, sell advertising, moderate the forums and marketplace, and then there are possibly people behind them performing support rolls such as payroll, clerical staff etc.

Soooo. I guess what I am asking is for the RCU insiders to tell us a little bit about themselves.
Who owns this business? How did it come to be? How many members are there? How many of those members are active? How many peole are employed there? Where are you based? How many volunteer thier time as moderators? Any othere interesting tidbits of info about the site would be great.

Being that I know nothing about this industry and what it takes to operate a website like this, I may be way off base and this site is operated out of some teenagers bedroom in his parents basement. If thats the case let us know.

Thanks