RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lets hear about your Thunder Tiger Neptune SB-1.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:51 AM
AQUASUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear about your Thunder Tiger Neptune SB-1.

Yes I have done just that in a series of in water tests on my U-32 , on the SCR in one test the cooling sytem was disconnected ,the telemetry read out started to go up above 120 depgrees in 8 minutes! The other test with the cooling system connected as nor mal and the readout read 98 degrees and running at a fast pace in the tank.
I use a wireless telemitry system we would all benifit from that does not lie or is byiesed in any way.
The responce I got from Skip was ,"the prop is not turning "there fore its not valid ,man if one could see those blades turning at high speed ,in slow motion then that would be nice the prop is by the way a 3.5 inch 6 bladed simitar scale prop of brass.This is turned by a Makita ball bearing and trany water cooled by a shaft driven pump as i have discribed.

I made those videos that show the readouts in real time they are self evident that water cooling is a very good idea.Now for this particilar model that is very large a unique powerplant had to be made since I like high performance without harming the drive.On a smaller less demanding model small motors and props one can get away with no water cooling but still there going to get warm.

By the way skip those trolling motors you discribed and used are water cooled and if you where to contact the manufacturer they would tell you that they must be used in water as desighned.

Also Skip by the time you get the sub out of the water and opened all the way to the motors they have already cooled down guite a bit ,there fore your bassis for stating the true state or temp of the motors is baseless and not scientific or realistic without on board telemitry.I sugest that you get the telemitry system install it which is a piece of cake even a cave man can do it and show us what temps your motors are runing with your set up.
I have proof that cooling with water works as it has for many years ,can you prove me wrong without telemitry,not likely and is only considered as hearsy not scientific by any means.
Telemitry system used is the Seagull by Eagle Tree Systems please view there web site ,absolutly the best!
Just for fun.

Dave