RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Spring Air Retracts" Won't Retract
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 08:55 AM
gsoav8r
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE:

ORIGINAL: flycatch

For all those who have provided information and advice I have found the cause of the second air leak. A ''T'' fitting was leaking air at the base of one of the barbs. This fitting was adjacent to and in close proxmity to the air valves that I thought were leaking. Thinking about this problem told me that the odds against all three valves leaking was not probable. I used the old technique of using saliva to locate the point of origion of this leak. I could hear it hissing but it was not until I applied this wetting agent did the problem reveal itself. Thanks againg.
Glad to hear your getting the system sorted.
Every air leak Ive had has been due to poor quality plastic T's. I have a plane/system I set up about a year ago and everything was great initially. The system would hold pressure all day and was trouble free. Then a few months into use I had two T's just develope leaks for no appearent reason. At first the leaks were a minor nuisance, losing about 1-2psi over 20 minutes or so. But the leaks worsened and forced me to go looking for the prob.
All Im getting at, is that if later you discover a minor leak go after it. Odds are the leak will just get worse.
Just for future reference? Ive swapped out all the SA and Robart plastic T's I had for AirPower T's. So far, so good. 9 months now with no issues.
Cheers,
James