RCU Forums - View Single Post - I Need Help with Buying a Versatile Electric Setup
Old 08-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Isthisnametaken
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Need Help with Buying a Versatile Electric Setup

I know that they all prefer differend set ups but I just want something with a little flexability. For reference, the plane I doing now is based on the "Mugi Evo"(www.mugi.co.uk/evo_intro.php). Depending on how I like it, I may keep building this style or try something new. The planes that interest me the most are park flyer type things, 1-3 lbs. If I buy a power system slightly too big, could I get away with it or would it create too much weight, forcing minimum flight speed up? I just want something to play around with that I can grow into so that I wont need to spend a ton of money on another power system a month from now.

How does this sound? It might be over powered but I wanted to cheat that way rather than too low.

Motor:www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp
Battery:www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp
ESC:www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp
6x4 prop

One last thing, what is the difference between a 1000 mah 5C and a 500mah 10C(these are made up)?" 1000mah will last longer but what would the 500mah have on the 1000mah? All I know is that you use them to get the max amperage but is there a prefered C value for a particular motor? I cant figure out what effect it actually has on performance.