RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW H9 P51 Mustang 60 ARF
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 01:16 AM
zds1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW H9 P51 Mustang 60 ARF

I don't have alot of expierience, I started with the H9 PTSP51 , crashed a couple of those , then I got a Miss America, and have had it for 5 years , I have not got alot of time flying but I am very comfortable flying Miss America, and it gave me confidence to go on to the Bluenose ,,,,,,,,which is very more Scale like to fly , you must have a long roll on take off and a scale like climb out . After that it is a dream to fly ,,,,,very much more stable than Miss America.........and your right it looks so nice in flight .

Here is what I know on the construction of both the initial kit and the new one: The new kit has some lightening features in the wing root first rib has pretty large cut out holes, the Canopy has some lightening holes in the base flange , and some in the bulkheads, I dont think these features amount to more than 4to 5 ouunces. Here is whaat I don't understand they did absolutely nothing to reinforce the langing gear mounting blocks in the wings. I had ordered a spare wing set when I bought the first Bluenose so while I was waiting through all those delays for the second one , I renforce the wing and landing gear mounting blocks , and installed a set of Robart retracts , and 3/8" Robo-Struts (installed retract servo ,control valve , and air tank in the canopy it's almost on the CG) ,,,,,,,,,,,,this saved the weight of a servo , and the heavier kit supplied retracts ,,,,,,,,,,,,this is why I had to put two transmitter batteries forward of the fire wall. Also throw the wheels and tires from this kit in the trash ,they are defective , the wheels will disintigaterin fuelvapor, use any correct size (3 1/4") Robart wheels and tires.

CGis best balanced at 4.5" aft of the leading edge as measured next to the fuesalage , and most important , the Elevator throw should be not more than 1/2" ..............these parameters have been well discussed and they are what I used and worked well. My Bluenose is between 11.6 and 11.8 pounds.

This web sight has all the information for this plane but you have to jump around a bit. Building RC airplanes is a tinkers trade , and this one requires alot of tinkering , but as others have said if you get these main items right this is a great plane .

I am not good at putting pictures on this site ..............but I will try............

ZDS