RCU Forums - View Single Post - .70 4 stroke IMAC
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 01:41 PM
swinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .70 4 stroke IMAC

Thanks for the recommendation. I've got 12 years of RC airplane experience, so I don't fly the trainer anymore the motor is just sitting there. Want to put it on something I can enjoy!

I have been practicing the basic IMAC routines with a (don't laugh!) e-flite F4U corsair foam with a '480' brushless (my flying cooler). Not exactly a trainer, but docile enough that it is always fighting inverted flight and it doesn't have the power to hold uplines long enough to do much. Anything that has a roll on the upline is tough so the humpty bump and both sharkstooth figures are really difficult to pull off, all of the figures require a lot of compensation for the dihedral and other airframe issues. I've also been flying the micro sukhoi XP from parkzone (haha) and that plane is what has really gotten me hooked on the acro and IMAC style flying.

The .70 was on my first trainer from years ago, a Kadet Senior and it was enough power to have plenty of vertical but of course the airframe didn't like to do it and certainly would really fight any flight mode that wasn't straight and level. Had a hard time getting it to really spin too. Now the senior just sits.

I like the sound of that extreme flight, would be nice to find something a bit lighter for the .70 though, so far thats the best I've seen.