RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crashing - a part of the hobby?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Crashing - a part of the hobby?

ORIGINAL: summerwind

my recent crash was a result of a stall out on my attempt to go around which in itself was a stupid mistake.
it is also the first crash i have had in over 30 years..........i knew better, but did it anyways. my buddies wanted to rule it as a radio failure..............nice guys i fly with, but it was not the truth.
crashing is part of flying and happens to the best of us, but pride goes south for a few hours does it not?

intermediates that crash are usually trying something they have never tried before and i consider that practice

i fly with a risk factor preset into my planes as i overpower them.
my recent model is being replaced with a duplicate, and it was fast, but i am going to put an engine in the new one that turns the same prop at 1,200rpm more, a thinner wing and it will be a half pound lighter.

i won't make the same mistake with the new one though, but i will do the same low to the ground passes
no pictures of the crashed parts yet, but this is what i am playing with lately.
30 years? WOW VERY IMPRESSIVE! To be admired for sure! Another great post. Thank you guys for the awesome posts and certainly more thought provoking