RCU Forums - View Single Post - VERY confused about what charger and equipment I need.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:19 PM
lkramer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VERY confused about what charger and equipment I need.

I know it has been discussed over and over, but after searching old posts I am no closer to understanding what I do and do not need.

I have a PZ corsair and hope to have more PZ planes in the future, or similar lipo powered planes and helis.
I have the stock PZ battery and PZ car charger that will balance the cells, as well as 2 additional aftermarket 2200mhp batteries that I use for flying.

I am looking for a charger that can be used in my house and in my car, can balance the cells, can charge within a reasonable amount of time, can discharge the battery, and can charge 2 or more packs at once.
Right now I only have lipos and plan to continue to buy them unless I find a reason not too. If there any other important charger features I need to know about I would love to know what they are.

I have no understanding of the technical terms used in figuring out load, current, amps....etc and how they work together. (if anyone has a link they can provide to help me with that I would appreciate it)
Basically I bought a plane and started flying it with the gear it came with after many hours on the sim.

Is there anything else I should have regarding battery charging, discharging, testing, maintenece...etc?

I really enjoy flying, but I cant change a light bulb without a manual. Electronics is another language to me.
Thanks for any help you can provide!