RCU Forums - View Single Post - v120d01 mini review
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 01:55 PM
rotorbroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: v120d01 mini review

This isn't a review but I have been flying the V120D02 for about 30 batteries now. I bought it because it was packaged with the 2801 Pro and I wanted to can all my Helimax, Novus, and Walkera radios, and I was interested in the flybarless system. I got mine from Clubheli pretty quick, but you would think at that price, it would ship free? Anyway, I have never been able to fly an FP and could look at my Blade CP Pro and make the blades explode. I have barely been able to hover the bSR with training gear before I burned out the tail motor. Anyway, I took the V120 out of the box, looked it over and tightened up some loose hardware, spun it up, spun it down, and put it away for the day I could work up to a CP. 2 days later the wind was too calm, my batteries were too charged, and the V120D02 looked too nice hanging on the wall. It ended up on my backyard helipad, my radio still has the preprinted protective plastic on the screen, I spun up the helo, hopped it into a hover, and flew circuits around the yard. Nothing fancy, a few unintended hard landings when I thought I was too far over my head, but circles, squares, figure 8's, sport flying. I was shocked when I first countered the tail and gave it throttle and it hovered straight up. Absolutely shocked. I really enjoy the stability and the high speed on the head (for me anyway), and the no flybar. After about thirty batteries I am still flying the original blades and the only repair/reset has been to snap some ball links back into place. I can't fly an FP helo, but this little guy, even with the many poor write-ups has done well for me. I'm gonna have to crack the books on this one and figure out what makes it fly and why can I do it...... Fly On.....