RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2 Crystals - one RX
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 04:15 PM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Crystals - one RX

Areomodeler:

So far I have had no problems whatsoever with the Polk's Receivers. I also have their Tracker II synthesized Tx which I have had no problem with. No crystals to worry about (or buy).

Based on what I know, they have been around for about 60 years as a company. I remember seeing their ads for a long time. They say they do most of their own design work and have two ex-HiTec engineers working for them. Then, according to Polks. they have everything assembled somewhere else (probably "off shore").

They do not offer any PCM receivers due to the fact that each manufacturer encodes his (or their) data differently so there is not a "universal" PCM receiver as such. At one time their Seeker II receiver had a programmable "fail safe" feature but the latest versions do no. I remember reading somewhere that they dropped it due to a lot of confusion on the part of users. There is (or was) some discussion about offering this as an "option" in the future. Don't remember all of the dialog on that. They are also supposed to be having a 4-channel mini (synthesized) released this winter (4th quarter I believe).

You might want to check out their webpage and they (Lewis) seems to be more than happy to answer any questions. I think (but I may have been having a "senior moment") that they have run some ads here on RC Online.

www.polkshobby.com

As I said, might be another option.

Dan