RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Radio Shack Golden Arrow Thread
Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 PM
trueimport
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Official Radio Shack Golden Arrow Thread

GotGA - Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining my thread. Honestly the paint job looks good so no offense here You will 1000% need a new battery. Keeping the original is cool bit its not going to work for crap so a new one is in order. I wish you the best of luck fixing the old board. If you need I might have one lieing around.

I havent posted on here in a long time so just to update everyone on my Arrow she is a scramer for sure!!!!! I've been running that EzRun 9t brushless with a TrueRC 7.4 4000mAh 2c. This set up incinerated the Tamiya Grasshopper rearend that I was running within the first 2-3 minutes of run time. When I say incinerated it I mean litterally. The case exploded in 3 different pieces and stripped almost all the gears. I replaced it with a stock Golden Arrow rearend and gear set and WOW this thing is bullet proof. I have thrown EVERYTHING at it I got and it just keeps going. The old girl is a tank to say the least. The only weak spots have been the rear shock supports but some simple reinforcements with aluminum and its perfect now. The other problem area is the rear wing mount on the body itself. The reason this is a problem on mine is because the car is so fast that every time I goose it, it rips a wheelie and slams back on the edge of the wing putting stress on the body. To solve this I cut the back of the body off about a quarter inch behind the on/off notch out and secured the wing to that lip with 3 small nuts and bolts. I'm still trying to find some other shock options because these old school Tamiya ones are just not up to the task of handeling the speed of my GA. When I get up to any good speeds and hit some bumps it starts to get squirly and normally flipps end over end a dozon times or so. I'll take some pice this weekend and post them up and I'll also try to get some video taken as well.

The body of my runner has seen better days but I have a nice near percect condition one sitting on the shelf so no worries I also have a stock working GA that I'm contemplaiting parting with so if anyone is interested let me know.