RCU Forums - View Single Post - NitroPlanes Ultimate 50cc and DLA56 - Full Build Post
Old 09-04-2010, 02:35 PM
edwal07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NitroPlanes Ultimate 50cc and DLA56 - Full Build Post

ORIGINAL: charlesp

I could get gas to the carb if i blow into the vent line and to the top of the carb (engin upsidedown) if i open the float by hand. I do have the pulseline open and sending a pulse to the carb. Ill check the flaps on the carb side when i get home from work, hope thats it.
Either the flaps are stuck or you have a hole in the diaphram. Each one would cause it not to pull gas thru the line. You should be able to watch your fuel line pulse if you put your prop just about top dead center and hold the spinner and rock it back and forth before TDC or compression. I do that to prime my engines prior to start, you should see the fuel move up the line to the carb. Be careful with the gasket with the flaps. Check to make sure they are not damaged. Wet the gasket with gas/oil mix prior to putting it back in place, that will lubricate the flaps. And be sure the screen filter is clean. If dirty use a screwdriver and lift up on an edge of the screen and it will come out, then clean and reinsert, make sure it is seated and take care not to bend it out of shape.