RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito 100 Rebuild or toss buyer be ware of used engine's and planes.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:00 PM
viperdada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saito 100 Rebuild or toss buyer be ware of used engine's and planes.

That engine is a piece of cake to fix and real easy. You said you have heli-coiled car cylinder heads?? Than this is easy. I always have bought used engines and with great sucess, except for a surpass 91, after two flights quit due to a broken valve spring, so now every used engine I buy, I replace a few cheap valve springs. I can't figure out how someone strips a glow plug hole, if they cross thead it or over tighten it, then they should not have the finess to even fly a plane, and maybe that is why th guy sold it, I didn't here of any restitution from this guy, right? I bought a engine here, and the engine was bouncing around in the box, lost the prop nuts and washer, damged muffler and the guy made good, so this should not sour you on 4 strokes or even used engines, being most of us are honest. That guy should relize you have a car and his address!

Life sometimes is like circumsizing an elephant, the pay is low but the tips are big!