RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bought a box of goodies..... Is this worth selling? Pics..
Old 09-08-2010, 07:53 PM
CGCINC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bought a box of goodies..... Is this worth selling? Pics..

Mike and Ken have gone to a lot of trouble writing how tos and what planes, they are stickies or written in the RCU magazine. Mike even did a great why build and getting started. For someone that wanted to jump right into giant scale it may do you some good to look these things up. These small glow planes are the stepping stone to learning about engines and aircraft set up. If you don't learn the basics you will never be able to advance. There are books in most hobby shops for getting started too, as bad as the magazines are today you may want to start reading them too. Fuel tank set up is one of the easiest basic things you will have to know. Starting a little glow engine is a lot easier then a big gas engine on a giant scale. Your electric trainer will only teach you TX control and basic flying. You can learn a lot from reading.
That's exactly what I'm doing... Learning..Reading..Asking..Doing
I did have Big dreams in the beginningafter watching some stunt flyers but I have come to my senses.
I wanted to start with electric to learn the controls and basically how the planes "feel" in the sky (even thought they are foam and light as a feather and probably act Nothing like a "real" plane)without having to deal with nitro/gas at the same time. Next year I will jump up to gas.
THISis what I've got my eye on for my first gasser....

I've got Two electric Cessna's (had a wing foldup on one but replaced it)and an electricP47 that I'm saving for down the road. And really, these electrics fly nicely and are really easy to toss in the truck and go fly. I went to a Pattern event two weeks ago and half of those guy's ran electric on Big planes so I don't think a plane being electric automatically makes it "not a real plane"!?!? I know you didn't say that but I just feel like the power system is a personal choice......