RCU Forums - View Single Post - Creek hobbies Sukhoi su-31 My toledo purchase
Old 07-01-2002, 11:03 AM
Blackie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creek hobbies Sukhoi su-31 My toledo purchase

I'm looking for plane number 5 to add to my collection, and ran across creek hobbies in the recent issue of AMA. I currently own the Aerworks Edge 540T 60/90 size, powered with a Saito 100. The plane its self was a mistakable purchase. The reason I say "mistakable" is due to the fact it was advertised with a faulty weight. They have just recently changed the advertised weight to reflect the true weight, at the time I purchased it was listed 7 to 8 pounds. Once I was done I weighed in at a little over 9 pounds. The AW Edge has become very difficult to 3D with the recommended engine due to its over weight structure. Now all that said I am now back in the shopping mode, although I have my eye's set on the GP Ryan STA-M I am also curious on this new product line of 1.20 size 3D from Creek Hobbies.

My question's to Jim, on the 3D line of air craft. The Edge, I notice it has a one piece wing can you explain this to me and has any of these plane's been flown with a gas engine besides the RCS. If I optioned a G23 would it fly any of these with nice 3D maneuvers?

Thanks Randy