RCU Forums - View Single Post - Creek hobbies Sukhoi su-31 My toledo purchase
Old 07-01-2002, 02:30 PM
JEBLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creek hobbies Sukhoi su-31 My toledo purchase

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your interest in our new line of aircraft, and this thread on RC Universe. In response to your post, I offer you the following information. First, sorry to hear about the problems with your Edge.

In response to your first question regarding the wings. We decided initially to manufacture the Edge with a one piece wing for strength reasons, as well as for ease of field set-up. We are designing a two piece wing version now and hope to have it available by the fall.

In regards to the engine and weight issues.....First the weight, we advertise the weight of these models to be 10.5 - 11.5 lbs. Generally, with the larger sized engines such as the YS 1.40, the Saito 1.80, and an OS 1.60, the models come in at the 11.5 lb range. One of our prototype planes even came in at a little over 12 lbs. All of these weights seem to be fine. The slow flight characteristics are not in jeopardy due to the 12 lb weights. With these combinations, the planes have full Hovering potential and accelerated vertical performance. They really fly well.
In regards to your G-23......to be honest, I do not think you, nor anyone else for that matter would be happy with the little 3D performance that that engine has to offer. The G-23 is a good scale motor for planes like the Hanger 9 Taylor-craft for example. It is simply a little too heavy and underpowered for this type of aircraft.
The customers that are selecting gas motors for this application are using the RCS 1.40, the RCS 1.80, and the 3W 24. All of these a great combinations as far as performance. They will add a little more weight to the plane, but again the reports are that the planes flight performance is not jeopardized. Slow speed characteristics as well as power maneuvers are still very good.

Well Randy, I hope that I have answered all of your questions. If not, you know how to reach me. Talk with you soon.

Jim