RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just finished Shrike .40 - I got a ?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Frag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just finished Shrike .40 - I got a ?

I finally flew my new Shrike this weekend.. I had a very experienced rc pilot do the maiden flight which was scary to say the least...I'd never met the guy, but a friend that is very good said that he taught him. So, I get the plane started and he throttles up and I give it a throw up at 45 degrees...straight away it went, very little trim needed...man it was a real sight to see it whizzing around at 1/3 throttle...he flipped it over to high rates and did a couple of rolls...it must've rolled in about .30 seconds! He brought it in nice and flat, killed the engine and belly landed on the grass right in front of us...nice! OK now my turn...a friend hand launches it and straight away it goes..man it flies like a point and fly trainer.. no wierd tendencies..just point and it goes that way. I gave it full throttle on a couple of passes and then straight up. I had to back off and bring it back down or I woulda' lost it! Overall, a great kit and first few flights. By the way its a Lanier RC Shrike .40 kit.