RCU Forums - View Single Post - Perfect plane for the beginner!!!! This is it!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:42 AM
CGCINC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perfect plane for the beginner!!!! This is it!

My first plane was a 55" Sky Trainerfrom Nitroplanes......
This plane was cheap and big so I figured I would try it. I was so nervous on the first launch I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. Once I got up in the air it seemed really fast and the controls were quick moving so it was jerky (I'm sure that was more than 50% me being a new RC pilot). All in all it was a decent plane to fly and would land very slowly which was nice. It's life ended one morning while flying, the wing strut bar pulled out of the fuselage and the plane folded and nosed into the ground. For $139 I guess you can't expect perfection...

My Second plane was a Cessna 182 from Parkflyers......
Out of the box, This plane had a bad servo. It would click and grind no matter where it was in its travel. It would also creep on its own and move about 3/8". Also, this planes motor would rev up n down and bobble around, at half throttle it sounded like it had a "miss" like a real motor and if you went to full throttle it would take about 5-10 seconds for it to reach max rpm, sputtering all the way. The company is suppose to send me a new ESC but after two weeks have not recieved it. I decided to install the motor from my first crashed plane in it and go fly. It just didn't fly right. The motor has tons of power but it seems like the servo's have a mind of their own at times. It's really difficult to fly and I ended up softly flopping into tall grass. This one is getting sold!

My Third and Final Plane is an E-Flight Apprentice 15e......
I already had the Tx and Rx so I got it cheaper than the link price.
I thought I wouldn't like this because it has rubberbands on the wings. WAS I WRONG! The rubber bands make it very easy to transport instead of screws like the others.
The first time I flew it, the plane soared into the sky and climbed to about 100 feet where I pulled back to half throttle. I flew it around and buzzed the runway about 10 feet off the deck. The motor sounds really smooth and has tons of power. I approached for my landing and smoothly set it down. This plane flew perfectly! On the next flight I was flying inverted holding a steady path and loving every minute of it. With the other planes, I never felt "in control" but with this one, I give an input and it does what I ask, perfectly.
This is a GREAT plane for a new beginner! It's easy to fly andbuilds your confidence.

Happy flying!!