Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Aerofly pro or Realflight G2 ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Aerofly pro or Realflight G2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 10:53 PM
Gargoyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerofly pro or Realflight G2 ?

I have only been flying for two years now. I have an Easylfy 40 with an O.S. 46 FX , and a Seagull Spacewalker with an O.S. 61 FX that I fly all the time. Recently though I picked up a Hanger9 1:20 size CAP 232 and a zenoah G-38. I would like to have this plane up and flying this coming summer. During the winter in addition to flying the easyfly off of the lake with skis Im also looking into buying an R/C flight simulator. I know that a lot of my friends have the Great Planes Real Flight G2, and they all have nothing but praise for this sim. I was recently reading an article though in which Rolland Matt (worldclass Proffessional Scale Aerobatic pilot) was raving about the Ikarus Aerofly proffessional Flight Sim. I Hadn't heard to much about the Ikarus Flight sims until that piont, but upon further investigation It is pretty big in Europe. Has anyone else heard anything about it ? and how does it compare to Real Flight ?
Old 12-03-2003, 11:48 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aerofly pro or Realflight G2 ?

George, do a seach and you will find many interesting and informative threads on your question. I have used both, but prefer AFP.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:30 AM
davham
My Feedback: (4)

For info on AFP this is a good thread. There are also a couple of other sites with good info but I can't think of them now. I have both G2 and AFP, I dont use G2 much anymore.

http://www.joeycomputers.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=479
Old 12-04-2003, 01:26 PM
raptorheli2

i'm in a similar place. i don't know what one 2 buy. why do you think AFP is so much better than G2?

is it more accurate than g2, i want it to be accurate for planes and heli 3d? if it is better at this then i'll probably go for it. i need it to be better for 3d heli, obviously it is better for the planes judging by others reports on it. i tried heli on g2 and it wasn't spectacular i must admit. the tail was always moving.
does AFP have better graphics?

any help would be good as i really can't decide what sim to get. so what do you think.

cheers

oh and does the AFP work with the game commander transmitter or do you use the tx lead?
Old 12-04-2003, 05:02 PM
Mike Ledbetter

I have only used AeroFly Pro, but every post I have read from anyone who has tried both indicates that AeroFly Pro is superior. I believe the reason is the attention paid to the physics model, but the graphics are also first rate.

You can use your own Tx or the Game Commander.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:28 PM
raptorheli2

yeh, i have read a lot of the statements about the sim but everybody talks about the planes. i need to know what the heli side of the sim is like. i assume that it is better than G2 for the heli's aswell but i want to make sure before i buy it.

any ideas?

cheers
Old 12-04-2003, 09:35 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered the AeroFly Pro after seeing the following thread. UNREAL!!!!!!!!

http://www.joeycomputers.com/board/v...4076ad91e9d62a
Old 12-05-2003, 07:26 AM
sputknik

I tried both with joystick at first.There are some great options in g2 that afp could intergrate in future.However afp has the weight advantage.I was also looking at reflex,seems thier sim is a winner.They have the training aids for torque roll.If I were to purchase another I would get reflex.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Tspin

I would recommend Aerofly Pro.

My friend has G2 and I have Aerofly Pro. We traded Sims for 2 weeks. We have been flying r/c for over 20 years and are teaching our sons to fly. He ordered Aerofly Pro after borrowing my sim. There is no comparison is our opion, but keep in mind others will argue that the sim they have is the best.

After flying G2 and Aerofly Pro I don’t think you would be disappointed ether way.

I think when you start getting into the more advanced maneuvers you will appreciate Aerofly Pro more.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:16 AM
Gargoyle

Thanks to all for the input. I have decided to buy the aerofly pro. Now I just need to find a distributor up here in Canada.